Info for Businesses
Introduction for Businesses
Our vision is to change the way giving is paid for. Why should fees be deducted from donations, when with a little help from the business community, this doesn’t need to happen? Just imagine a world where you can increase your corporate social responsibility, create a positive brand image and allow charities to raise thousands of pounds at the same time.
Well, with Make a Donation you can. Make a Donation is a unique fundraising & crowd-funding website. Unlike all other donation sites in the UK, we do not charge any fees whatsoever - there's no set-up charges, no commission and we even pay charities' bank transaction charges. This means charities get 100% of all the money raised for their cause.
How do we manage that?
With your help. By paying a subscription, you'll be effectively paying the fees usually charged to charities. And you are allowing fundraisers to raise even more money for charities. The more you pay in ‘fees’, the more money charities can raise, as it will always cost 6.3% of donations.
For example- for every £25 paid by you, our fundraisers can raise £396 for charity. For every £50 paid by you, our fundraisers can raise £793 for charity, totally fee-free!
What's in it for you?
Becoming involved with Make a Donation is a fantastic way for your business to become more socially responsible and to give back to your local community or favourite charities. You can create a positive and ethical brand image with very little effort on your part.
By joining Make a Donation, you can become publicly affiliated with your favourite charities and promote your company as socially responsible. Even more importantly- you are paying the fees for charities, which means they can raise thousands of pounds extra, which they would otherwise pay in fees.
We'll help promote all the great work you're doing for charity - through social media, blogs and within 'thank you' emails to our community. We predict we'll be sending 120,000 of these emails next year and we've found it's a highly effective way for your business to get noticed for doing something positive.
And there's an added bonus...
You can thank the generosity of givers. We have a unique rewards and loyalty scheme on our website - MaDpoints. Every time someone donates or reaches a new fundraising milestone, we'll award them MaDpoints, which can be redeemed for exclusive offers from our business partners.
Your rewards for givers will be displayed on your dedicated business page on our website, as well as on our 'Find a Voucher' page. Keep them up for as little or as long as you like - there are no restrictions on what you offer.
This mean you can help charities and give back to their supporters at the same time; effectively encouraging charitable donations. It also means you have a ready-made market place to promote your services and products, which might even result in some extra sales!
- You increased social responsibility and a way to promote it
- The ability to be seen to be supporting your community
- You the chance to help charities and encourage fundraising, with little effort
- An opportunity to reward our ever-growing audience of charity supporters
- Help in promoting your products and offers through social media and blogs
- Your business a dedicated page on our website
- You the chance to feature in Make a Donation’s marketing activity and receive material to help with your own marketing
Why Make a Donation?
Our donors and fundraisers form an active audience who are looking to purchase from you. We know a lot about the people who donate on our site. We know that:
- 70% think it is important that a company always acts ethically
- The majority are aged 25-55
- 40% like to buy products from companies who give back to society
- 79% are social grade ABC1
- They go to a restaurant in the evening at least once a month on average.
- 53% always use money-off coupons and discount vouchers
Plus, our reach is great due to the intrinsic share-ability of online fundraising. The beauty of our website is that we reach out to our fundraisers and their friends and family as well, when fundraisers share their activity to increase donations. Therefore, each fundraiser will bring a wealth of other connections, so our database is constantly expanding.
So what next?
Sign up your business if you are keen to:
- Increase your social responsibility
- Help your business and charities at the same time
- Give back to your local and national community
- Raise awareness about your company and its products
It just takes a few simple steps to get started...
Or an alternative...
If you’d prefer to go down a different route - we also offer sponsorship opportunities for Make a Donation. Your business can really help keep fundraising fee-free for charities on our website and you’ll receive a range of additional benefits and great services. Read on to find out how sponsorship works on our website or take a look at our sponsors guide.
Please let us know what your favourite charity or local community organisation is, so we can help them as well. Remember:
- Charities receive 100% of all the money donated
- Make a Donation does not charge charities any fees, commissions or charges and never will.
Your support enables us to achieve this - thank you.
All major credit and debit cards accepted Secured by
Make a Donation Ltd. Registered in England & Wales. Company No. 07853867. Registered Office: 3 Manor Courtyard, Hughenden Avenue, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire HP13 5RE