Thinking About Starting a Charity?
Starting a Charity
It’s one of the most rewarding and challenging things people can do, but starting a charity is not as easy as collecting money and making a difference.
Here are a few helpful hints and tips for you to consider when you are thinking about setting up your Charity.
- Is your campaign local or National?
- Are there other local, similar types of Charities that maybe you could collaborate with?
- What type of charity structure it will have?
- How clear is your message / purpose?
- Who will be your trustees & what will the actively bring to your charity?
- How will you fund your charity?
- Who is your target market for donations?
- Exactly how will the money be used?
- Usually, you must register with the Charity Commission if your charity is based in England or Wales and has over £5,000 income per year.
- If your charity is a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO) it must register whatever its income.
For more information the Charities Commission is a great resource;
Share this article:
Like us on Facebook: