Spread the word about your charity
Are you struggling to get coverage for your charity and get the name out there? Check out our 5 ways to spread the word about your charity…
1. It may seem obvious, but it’s absolutely essential to include a link to your fundraising page on all of your collateral. This includes your letterheads, newsletters, merchandise, email signatures and blog posts. Whilst it’s important to include your website, many charities overlook the fact that givers need easy access to the charity’s fundraising page too. Plus, on your Make a Donation fundraising page, givers will be able to find out about your charity at the same time!
2. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by all the things you could be promoting for your charity, why not narrow it down a bit? Instead of spreading your time across lots of different events, choose 1 or 2 key fundraising events for your charity for the year. Focus on these in your communications and encourage your followers to help spread the word. Promoting a few events thoroughly will have a bigger effect and will ensure your resources are used efficiently.
3. Make use of social media. Facebook is great for promoting upcoming events to your established base of followers. And Twitter is perfect for spreading the word about your charity to new audiences – don’t forget to use clever hashtags like #charity and #fundraising to get your tweets amongst other conversations.
4. And if you need a helping hand with social media, we’d be happy to retweet your tweets or share your Facebook posts with our online community. If you have something special going on & would like us to help get the word out – simply include our handle in your tweets (@Make_a_Donation). Or start typing ‘@Make a Donation’ in your Facebook post to tag us in the same way.
5. Get our help with any special events. We’ll happily write you a press release about your event and share it with relevant press contacts. And of course, we’ll include you in our blog & newsletter. All it takes is an email and it’s a great way to make the most of Make a Donation and spread the word about your charity.
And if you want to get started or have any questions…
Share this article:
Like us on Facebook: